Taco Bell testing the waffle taco
NEW YORK (AP) - August 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Taco Bell says it's expanding its small test of waffle tacos, as it prepares to take its breakfast menu national sometime next year.
The fast-food chain says the waffle taco, which includes scrambled eggs, sausage and a side of syrup, was the top seller at the five restaurants where they were tested earlier this year.
Now the company wants to see how it would fare on a bigger scale. The waffle tacos and a full breakfast menu will be expanded to about 100 restaurants in Fresno, Calif.; Omaha, Neb.; and Chattanooga, Tenn., starting Thursday.
Taco Bell already offers breakfast at about 850 locations in 10 Western states, and has been tinkering with new items such as the waffle taco before rolling it out to its 6,000 U.S. locations.
lifestyle, taco bell, consumer news
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 9 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 15 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 7 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm