Taco Bell testing the waffle taco
NEW YORK (AP) - August 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Taco Bell says it's expanding its small test of waffle tacos, as it prepares to take its breakfast menu national sometime next year.
The fast-food chain says the waffle taco, which includes scrambled eggs, sausage and a side of syrup, was the top seller at the five restaurants where they were tested earlier this year.
Now the company wants to see how it would fare on a bigger scale. The waffle tacos and a full breakfast menu will be expanded to about 100 restaurants in Fresno, Calif.; Omaha, Neb.; and Chattanooga, Tenn., starting Thursday.
Taco Bell already offers breakfast at about 850 locations in 10 Western states, and has been tinkering with new items such as the waffle taco before rolling it out to its 6,000 U.S. locations.
lifestyle, taco bell, consumer news
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
More 6abc.com links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos