Popular pet foods recalled due to potential salmonella contamination
August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Proctor and Gamble has announced the recall of several types of pet food due to a potential salmonella contamination.
The recalled products include Eukanuba dry dog foods, Iams dry dog foods and Iams dry cat foods.
The company says the recall is just a precaution and that no instances of salmonella have been reported.
"Salmonella can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products," Proctor and Gamble said in a statement.
The potential salmonella was discovered during routine testing.
For a full list of recalled products visit, visit the Iams website.
If the codes on the bag of food you purchased match up with a code found on the list, the company advises that you discard the products and call Proctor and Gamble.
lifestyle, recall, salmonella, animals, dogs, consumer news
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 2 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad