Popular pet foods recalled due to potential salmonella contamination
August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Proctor and Gamble has announced the recall of several types of pet food due to a potential salmonella contamination.
The recalled products include Eukanuba dry dog foods, Iams dry dog foods and Iams dry cat foods.
The company says the recall is just a precaution and that no instances of salmonella have been reported.
"Salmonella can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products," Proctor and Gamble said in a statement.
The potential salmonella was discovered during routine testing.
For a full list of recalled products visit, visit the Iams website.
If the codes on the bag of food you purchased match up with a code found on the list, the company advises that you discard the products and call Proctor and Gamble.
lifestyle, recall, salmonella, animals, dogs, consumer news
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 53 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 54 min ago
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Eva Pilgrim on highway storm preparations
43 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
53 min ago
- Army, Navy teams compete in Rocky Relay
36 min ago