Coupons can save you even more at outlet malls
If you are looking for a way to save big on back-to-school shopping, you might consider the outlet malls. On Tuesday, we told you how to navigate them. Now we are sharing the insider secrets on finding the deals.
Every outlet mall has a way to score extra savings. Whether you shop close to home at the Cypress Outlets, the brand new Tanger Outlets in Texas City or the largest outlet shopping mall in the country, the San Marcos Outlets, each shopping center has promotions that are unique.
"Most outlet stores will also have a daily special or a sale that is going on," image consultant Sarah Shah said.
So before you make the big trip, get online and the savings will be spelled out for you. Our first stop is the sales and events website for the San Marcos Premium Outlets. On it, you can find in-store events.
For example, at Joe's Jeans, it's an additional 40 percent off markdowns. And at Neiman Marcus Last Call, it's an additional 50 percent off clearance items.
"And then you can use the coupon and the sale and double dip," Shah said.
Take for example the deals at Sperry at the San Marcos Outlets. We found shoes that retail for $90 at the department store for $49.99, and some have an additional discount.
Isa Johnson is combining her coupons on top of the clearance price at Sperry.
"It's 20 percent off on some of them, on some of them it's 30 percent off, and on some of them are $20 off. So we already have saved a lot," Johnson said.
The deals we found at Sperry include a T-shirt for $13 and two pairs of flip flops for $29.99.
"We found anywhere from $5 to $25 savings, so every little bit helps," outlet shopper Ginny Herbert said.
To get your premium brand exclusive coupons, hit the VIP lounge at premiumoutlets.com and sign up for free to join the club.
At Tanger Outlets, you can get online coupons for specific stores too. But for $5 more, you can pick up a coupon book for additional savings.
"We have already saved $150," Johnson said.
At Kenneth Cole, there is a 10 percent off coupon on your purchase. Doesn't sound like a lot but Shah found some great deals, and combining a sale with the coupon is just another way to score big savings.
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 9 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced 7 min ago
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete 10 min ago
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition 14 min ago
- AAA: Prepare your car for winter driving now! 39 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- Shoplifting dog gets busted
30 min ago