Chobani recalls some Greek yogurt over mold
NEW YORK - September 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Chobani says it's issuing a recall of some its Greek yogurt cups that were affected by mold after some customers reported illnesses.
The move comes about a week after the company first started asking retailers to pull the products from shelves. Chobani had previously said it wasn't issuing a formal recall.
The Food and Drug Administration said yesterday that it was in talks with the company about the matter.
Chobani says that most the affected products have already been pulled from shelves.
The containers being recalled are marked with the code 16-012 and expiration dates Sept. 11 to Oct. 7.
The company's CEO, Hamid Ulukaya, says the problem was caused by a type of mold that is commonly found in dairy environments. He says the issue has been "totally fixed."
If you've got one of the tainted yogurts in your fridge, throw it away and email firstname.lastname@example.org for a replacement coupon.
lifestyle, recall, consumer news
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 23 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire 46 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela 7 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
29 min ago
- Body found in Logan tire fire
46 min ago