19,000 lbs. of ready-to-eat chicken, ham recalled due to Listeria
MILWAUKEE - September 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Garden Fresh Foods of Milwaukee has recalled 19,000 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken and ham products because of possible Listeria bacteria contamination.
The USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service says the foods were distributed to retailers and food services nationwide. They include several kinds of chicken and ham salads sold under the Market Pantry, Archer Farms, D'Amico and Sons, Finest Traditions, Garden Fresh and Weis brands.
The agency says problem was discovered through testing by the Food and Drug Administration.
There have been no reports of illnesses due to consumption of these products. The company and the agency advised anyone concerned about an illness to contact a health care provider.
Listeria can lead to miscarriages in pregnant women and serious illnesses in people with weakened immune systems.
FSIS recall notice: http://1.usa.gov/1fTGoFC
lifestyle, recall, food, consumer news
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 38 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Woman's body found in Berks County 32 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 8 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser