Target to open earlier on Thanksgiving
NEW YORK (AP) - November 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Target Corp. is becoming the latest retailer to open earlier on Thanksgiving this year.
The Minneapolis-based discounter says it will open at 8 p.m. on the holiday, which falls on Nov. 28. That's an hour earlier than last year. Target stores will remain open throughout the night and close at 11 p.m. on the day after Thanksgiving, known as Black Friday.
Kathee Tesija, executive vice president of merchandising at Target, says she felt the 8 p.m. time was just right, based on the competitive landscape, and the sentiment among shoppers and store staff.
Target will also offer hundreds of deals online on Thanksgiving morning, including almost all deals that will be available in the stores. It will also be offering 15 online-only daily discounts for two weeks beginning Nov. 24.
lifestyle, target, shopping, black friday, thanksgiving, consumer news
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 49 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014