Consumer Reports: Devices to find your missing stuff
December 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Have trouble keeping tabs on all your stuff?
You can't find your keys, your wallet or anything else. There are devices that can help you locate your lost items.
Consumer Reports tested the Stick and Find, the Cobra Tag and the BiKN that allow you to tag your stuff and find it when it's lost using your smartphone. All three devices have limited ranges. You have to be within about 30 feet for them to be effective.
The least expensive $25 Stick and Find sometimes took up to two minutes to find a signal. That's frustrating when you are in a rush to find something. The BiKN was quicker but it costs $100 and at the moment is only available for the iPhone 4 and 4S.
The Cobra Tag is just as quick but works with more devices and at $40 isn't as tough on your wallet. The Cobra Tag can work in reverse, too. So if you've lost your cell phone but still have your tagged keys, press the tag and as long as your phone is on the tag will ring the phone.
lifestyle, consumer reports, consumer news
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 16 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 6 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
16 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
6 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
12 min ago
More 6abc.com links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos