Combi USA recalls more than 33,000 child seats
DETROIT - January 3, 2014 (WPVI) -- Combi USA is recalling more than 33,000 child car seats made before January 2013 because the harnesses aren't strong enough to meet federal safety standards.
The Charlotte, N.C., company is recalling the Coccoro, Zeus Turn and Zeus 360.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says the seat straps don't meet minimum strength requirements. If there's a crash, children may not be properly secured.
A company spokeswoman says the seats are still safe to use because the harness as a whole meets safety standards. She says one part of the harness that includes a plastic button failed strength tests. Seats made after January 2013 don't have the same problem.
Combi will notify registered owners and send out free harness replacement kits starting in February. Owners can contact Combi at (800) 543-7734.
recall, consumer news
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
15 min ago