Gree recalls another 350,000 dehumidifiers
WASHINGTON - February 1, 2014 (WPVI) -- Gree Electric Appliances is recalling an additional 350,000 dehumidifiers because of a risk that they could overheat, smoke or catch fire.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission has received 16 reports involving the humidifiers, including five reports of fires resulting in about $430,000 in property damage. No injuries have been reported.
The dehumidifiers are light gray plastic with the GE brand name and come in 30-, 40-, 50- and 65-pint sizes.
They were sold at Sam's Club, Walmart, Amazon.com, Ebay.com and other outlets from April 2008 to December 2011 for $180 to $270.
The CPSC says consumers should turn off and unplug the dehumidifiers and contact Gree to receive a refund at 866-853-2802 or http://www.greeusa.com.
Gree recalled 2.2 million dehumidifiers sold under different brands in September 2013.
lifestyle, recall, consumer news
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 11 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 40 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 39 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer 37 min ago
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car 36 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI 43 min ago
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 34 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 47 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
44 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
11 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
40 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
47 min ago