Nestle recalls some of its Hot Pockets
February 19, 2014 (WPVI) -- Nestle is voluntarily recalling two of its Hot Pockets products as part of a larger meat recall.
The food maker said Tuesday that it is recalling an unspecified number of "Philly Steak" and its "Croissant Crust Philly Steak and Cheese" Hot Pockets in certain sizes.
Nestle says the products may have been affected by a meat recall by Rancho Feeding Corp. that was announced last week.
Rancho is recalling more than 8.7 million pounds of beef products after regulators said that it processed diseased and unhealthy animals without a full inspection. The USDA says the products were unfit for human consumption.
No illnesses have been reported.
Nestle says a small quantity of meat from Rancho was used at a California production facility that makes Hot Pockets.
nestle, recall, consumer news
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 22 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
22 min ago