191K teething toys recalled over choking risk
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 20, 2014 (WPVI) -- Toy maker Infantino is recalling 191,000 teething toys sold exclusively at Target because a child could potentially choke on one of its parts.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday that consumers should stop using the Go Gaga Squeeze & Teethe CoCo the Monkey toys. The toy is made of soft orange rubber, is shaped like a monkey and squeaks.
Infantino has received seven reports of infants choking or gagging on the monkey's tail. No injuries have been reported.
The toys were sold at Target stores from late 2012 through early 2014 for about $13.
Consumers were advised to keep the products away from infants and contact Infantino for a replacement toy.
More information can be found online at infantino.com or by calling the company by phone at 1-888-808-3111.
recall, consumer news
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 29 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 35 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 27 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 13 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm