Breyers Ice Cream Recall
LANDOVER, MD - October 26, 2009 (WPVI) -- Giant Food, following a recall by Unilever United States, announced it removed from sale cartons of Breyer's All Natural Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream due to an undeclared allergen. Unilvever announced a voluntary recall of Breyer's All Natural Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream because it was mispackaged and may contain undeclared wheat, posing an allergy issue.
The following code dates and UPCs are affected: All Natural Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, 48 oz UPC code of #7756725425 with the following Best if Used by dates: FEB1711GH, FEB1811GH, FEB1911GH
Giant Food has not received any reports of illness related to the consumption of this product. This product poses no threat to individuals who do not suffer from a wheat allergy. Customers who have purchased the affected products should discard any unused portions or bring their purchase receipt to Giant Food for a full refund. Consumers also may call Unilever at 1-877-270-7402 or Giant Food Customer Service at (888) 469-4426 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for more information. Customers can also visit the Giant Food website at www.giantfood.com.
Giant Food LLC, headquartered in Landover, MD, operates 181 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 22,000 associates. Included within the 181 stores are 164 full- service pharmacies. For more on Giant, visit www.giantfood.com.
SOURCE Landover, MD - Giant Food LLC
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 41 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman 10 min ago
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden 20 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 18 min ago
- Parts of Christiana Mall lose power 29 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro