Saving With 6abc
Save on used toys and baby gear
WARMINSTER, PA. - August 12, 2009 (WPVI) -- Maisie McGarvey had fun at Replay Toys in Warminster trying on roller skates for her 4th birthday.
She didn't care that the skates had once belonged to another little girl. But her parents appreciated the price break they got buying them used.
Maisie's dad, P.J. McGarvey, says, "We're real big on buying used and recycling, so this is the kind of store we like to go to."
Replay toys is a re-sale store that just sells toys and baby gear... a niche the owners say was begging to be filled.
Owner Emily Roach says, "Children do not use toys that often. They use them, then they sit in a corner and parents get frustrated spending a lot of money on toys that kids put to the side. "
Some of the stock at Replay Toys is consigned and the sale price is split 50/50 between Replay and the consigners. Other items are donated, with some of the proceeds going to charity.
Everything has to be in good condition, have a manufacturer's label and not be on any recall lists.
"Anything that's deemed sellable for a child under the age of 12, we do some collector toys as well, but if we can't check it against a recall list, we can't sell it," explains owner Antoinette Alpart.
Among the deals we spotted:
A Candyland game for $4.49
Ty Girlz toys for $1.99
Rescue Heroes for $3.49
A baby walker/rocker was $22.99
A Graco stroller was $29.99.
CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter
CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website
CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook
saving with 6abc, amy buckman
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
30 min ago