Saving With 6abc
New online coupons at Sam's Club
Sept. 29, 2010 (WPVI) -- Sam's Club is the latest store chain to jump on the electronic couponing bandwagon.
Plus members can now view special offers -- called Evaules -- online and at in-store kiosks. Then they can load "virtual coupons" that will show up as they check out onto their membership cards
Additional deals are generated according to your personal shopping history.Coupon Expert Katlean de Monchy explains, "You might get a discount on the baby diapers that you like because you're a new mom and they may also recommend some other things. But say you're a small business owner and you don't have a kid and you don't want diapers, that's not going to appear as a suggestion for you."
Coupon use is increasing -- but even with coupon websites and virtual coupons, most money-saving offers go to waste.
de Monchy says, "Coupon use is up by 27% for the first time in 17 years, but even so, less than 1% of all available coupons were redeemed in 2009. And that means that shoppers ignored $523 billion of potential savings."
de Monchy says there are plenty of websites that savvy shoppers can use to make the most of the shopping dollars, without spending too much time.
She suggests the Stephanie Nelson's CouponMom aggregator site.
Founder Stephanie Nelson has 13 coupon scouts and they compile this huge database of deals all over the country. It's really interesting because she gets all that information ahead of time, they enter it into a database and it's certainly a lot easier to click than clip."
She also likes Groupon, a site we introduced you to on Saving with 6abc several months ago.
online saving, money saving, coupon codes, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run 2 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 45 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
1 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and...
2 min ago