Saving With 6abc
Contact opens second store to raise money
HADDONFIELD, New Jersey - Sept. 27, 2010 (WPVI) -- In the current economic climate, non-profits are working harder to get funding. Now, one local charity's efforts to raise money are resulting in great deals for shoppers.
For years, shoppers like Kathy DeMaria of Shamong, New Jersey, have been finding deals at The Contact Exchange, an upscale consignment shop in Haddonfield.
"I found some really nice sweaters, Land's End, Talbots," DeMaria says. "I have some Talbot's skirts, and some LL Bean things. It really helps our family out because I have two kids in college."
"Pricing is about one-third of retail," explains Contact Community Helplines Executive Director Diane Ball. "So, if something is $300, it'd be $100. But we really don't have a lot of items that are $100, maybe a piece of jewelry."
We found Coach bags for $38, an Adrienne Vittadini jacket for $22, and Jones New York jeans -- with the $69 price tag still on them -- for $18.
We also found a David Meister skirt, with the $325 price tag still on it, for $18.
Proceeds from the store go to Contact -- a volunteer organization that runs a crisis helpline and a service that checks on homebound seniors.
Resale shopping has become so popular that Contact recently opened a second store -- called Frugal Finds -- in Turnersville.
Frugal Finds Manager Karen Keyek says, "We are 100% donations, no consignment. We have for men's women's, children's clothing, toys, books, houseware items, and glassware."
We found women's suits for $8, Men's suits for $10, and children's shoes for one to three dollars.T
he store also has stuffed animals, kitchen items, books and more.
To find out more about the shops and about Contact, click here.
clothing savings, consignment, money saving, thrift, new jersey, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 35 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
35 min ago
Saving with 6abc Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos