Saving With 6abc
Bargains galore at The Charlestown Sale
PHOENIXVILLE, Pa. - October 15, 2010 (WPVI) -- A wooden rocking chair for $10. A Christmas dress from The Children's Place for $5. A brand-new Casio electronic keyboard for $45. Coach bags for as little as $5.
These are just a few of the items available at The Charlestown Sale in Phoenixville beginning today.
"There's so many bargains," explains sale organizer Marsha Diffenderfer. "Everybody gets a bargain."
The sale is held twice a year to benefit the Charlestown Playhouse, a cooperative non-profit pre-school and kindergarten.
"The sale is our biggest fundraiser," Diffenderfer says. "It's over a third of the budget and it enables us to keep the tuition low so we can have a diverse group of children. "
The children may be the ultimate beneficiaries of this sale, but the shoppers do pretty well themselves.
We found men's jeans from Aeropostale, Hollister and American Eagle priced at $3 and $5.
Sale volunteer says, "Friday morning, there will a line out the door of people waiting. It is a zoo, a madhouse rush to get in, to get to your favorite department, to look for the things that you want. And people actually come with bags, big luggage bags, and they just walk around and put everything in their bags and go up the register and take it to their car and come back in and start it all over again."
The sale runs through Wednesday, October 20, 2010. It's closed Thursday and then on Friday, consigners can pick up their consignment checks and unsold items.
On Saturday, October 23, 2010, remaining items are marked down again for a "50/50" sale. Items priced above $10 are half-price. Items priced at $1.00 to $9.99 are sold for $.50, and items priced at $.99 or below are ten cents each.
On Sunday, October 24, 2010, shoppers can buy a large shopping bag for $5. Whatever fits in the bag, they can take home.
The sale is held at the Kimberton Firehouse Fairgrounds. Click here for directions.
For additonal information about the sale, including hours, click here.
consignment, clothing savings, money saving, thrift, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 49 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 46 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 44 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 40 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 45 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 39 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
44 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
46 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's...
49 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
42 min ago