Saving With 6abc
A glamorous life doesn't have to be costly
November 5, 2010 (WPVI) -- "Being practically posh is about being resourceful," explains Robyn Moreno, author of "Practically Posh: The Smart Girl's Guide to a Glam Life. "
She says you can have a glamorous life, even if you don't have a lot of money.
Starting with the way you dress.
"You can be trendy. You don't have to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on big labels," Moreno says. "I'm a huge fan of thrift stores, of vintage stores, consignment stores that have these pieces from the 70s in good condition, so you can be on trend and save tons of money."
In fact, she says some of today's runway trends were inspired by thrift shop finds.
"Designers go into thrift stores, into vintage stores to find an amazing piece and then knock it off with less good quality," she says.
Wish you could afford a fancy car? No worries -- just get the best of what you can afford.
"Consumers have never had a better time when it comes to buying a car," Moreno says. "Manufacturers of smaller cars are outfitting them with amazing amenities -- iPod connections and leather seats and heated seats. It's these little things that impress your friends that go a long way."
And when you do spend, she says you should comparison shop and always use credit cards that give you rewards.
Because she says, these days, being thrifty has really become posh.
"Really, really wealthy people have always kept onto their money because they know how to save. Being a total spendthrift, like you were in the 80s, that's like gauche now," she says. For more of Moreno's tips, click here.
money saving, thrift, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 6 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show