Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Turn recycling into rewards
January 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- You probably recycle already, right? Well, did you know you can turn your recycling into rewards? Well, you can thanks to Recycle Bank.
Recycle Bank rewards you with points for recycling and reducing your trash.
And you can redeem those points for discounts on all kinds of things, such as purchases at Di Bruno Brothers and different shops in the Reading Terminal as well as retail shops like the Gap.
You can also redeem points for discounted or free admission to certain museums like the Franklin Institute.
"For recycling at home, consumers can receive one free admission to the Franklin Institute or they can receive up to a $2 discount on four tickets," Stacey Moyers of the Franklin Institute said.
You can sign up online or by phone.
Recycle Bank will then validate the information, set up your account, and send you a sticker. Then just sit back and see the savings roll in.
The equipment on the back of the recycling truck reads the sticker giving you points weekly for recycling and monthly if your trash has been reduced.
That translates into savings for consumers and cities which pay less for landfill costs.
Recycle Bank operates in Philadelphia and a number of other counties and municipalities in the tri-state area.
You can also earn points by sending in your old electronics.
recycling, saving with 6abc, nydia han
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 18 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 11 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?