Saving With 6abc
Free calls and texts to Japan
March 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- In light of the ongoing disaster in Japan, several phone carriers are offering customers free calls and/or texts to Japan.
AT&T is offering free calls from the United States to Japan through March 31, 2011. Wireless customers can get free text messages to Japan from a U.S. wireless number while residential wireline customers will receive this in a form of a 60 minute credit of calling time.
For all the details on the AT&T offer, click here.
Verizon is offering free phone calls, text and multimedia messaging for wireless customers to Japan until April 10, 2011.
Post-paid customers are those who receive a monthly bill from the company. In addition, Verizon Wireless post-paid customers in the U.S. will receive free text and multimedia messaging to Japan for the same time period.
All calls made from a Verizon residential landline to Japan will be rated at $0.00 per minute, from March 11 through April 10.
For details on the Verizon offer, click here.
saving tip of the day, money saving, freebie, tsunami, japan, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Police search for missing Delco mother 38 min ago
- Record Warmth! 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
35 min ago