Saving With 6abc
Free calls and texts to Japan
March 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- In light of the ongoing disaster in Japan, several phone carriers are offering customers free calls and/or texts to Japan.
AT&T is offering free calls from the United States to Japan through March 31, 2011. Wireless customers can get free text messages to Japan from a U.S. wireless number while residential wireline customers will receive this in a form of a 60 minute credit of calling time.
For all the details on the AT&T offer, click here.
Verizon is offering free phone calls, text and multimedia messaging for wireless customers to Japan until April 10, 2011.
Post-paid customers are those who receive a monthly bill from the company. In addition, Verizon Wireless post-paid customers in the U.S. will receive free text and multimedia messaging to Japan for the same time period.
All calls made from a Verizon residential landline to Japan will be rated at $0.00 per minute, from March 11 through April 10.
For details on the Verizon offer, click here.
saving tip of the day, money saving, freebie, tsunami, japan, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
Saving with 6abc Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos