Saving With 6abc
Free calls and texts to Japan
March 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- In light of the ongoing disaster in Japan, several phone carriers are offering customers free calls and/or texts to Japan.
AT&T is offering free calls from the United States to Japan through March 31, 2011. Wireless customers can get free text messages to Japan from a U.S. wireless number while residential wireline customers will receive this in a form of a 60 minute credit of calling time.
For all the details on the AT&T offer, click here.
Verizon is offering free phone calls, text and multimedia messaging for wireless customers to Japan until April 10, 2011.
Post-paid customers are those who receive a monthly bill from the company. In addition, Verizon Wireless post-paid customers in the U.S. will receive free text and multimedia messaging to Japan for the same time period.
All calls made from a Verizon residential landline to Japan will be rated at $0.00 per minute, from March 11 through April 10.
For details on the Verizon offer, click here.
saving tip of the day, money saving, freebie, tsunami, japan, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 31 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
27 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
31 min ago