Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: The Gap and Home Depot
March 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Here's how to pinch pennies on clothes and home improvement items.
The Gap has started a really interesting program. It's called GapMyPrice. It lets customers name their own price for clothes.
Its first promotion was for a pair of men's khakis.
One tester said after haggling with Gap on the website, he got 30-percent off.
Now this promotion has ended, but Gap is planning another one soon and says to check back to GapMyPrice.com for details.
Here's something for DIYers. Home Depot is celebrating every Friday this spring with Black Friday-type offers on Facebook.
The deals will take place through the end of May and here's how they work: Customers who "like" the Home Depot on Facebook will get information about exclusive deals available on Facebook only. They won't be available in stores or on homedepot.com. Various grills, lawn and garden and patio supplies will be 50 to 75-percent off.
This year's promotion will be so big, Home Depot is hiring 60,000 seasonal associates for four different weekend events.
home depot, gap, saving with 6abc, nydia han
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ