Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: The Gap and Home Depot
March 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Here's how to pinch pennies on clothes and home improvement items.
The Gap has started a really interesting program. It's called GapMyPrice. It lets customers name their own price for clothes.
Its first promotion was for a pair of men's khakis.
One tester said after haggling with Gap on the website, he got 30-percent off.
Now this promotion has ended, but Gap is planning another one soon and says to check back to GapMyPrice.com for details.
Here's something for DIYers. Home Depot is celebrating every Friday this spring with Black Friday-type offers on Facebook.
The deals will take place through the end of May and here's how they work: Customers who "like" the Home Depot on Facebook will get information about exclusive deals available on Facebook only. They won't be available in stores or on homedepot.com. Various grills, lawn and garden and patio supplies will be 50 to 75-percent off.
This year's promotion will be so big, Home Depot is hiring 60,000 seasonal associates for four different weekend events.
home depot, gap, saving with 6abc, nydia han
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 29 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run 33 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool 10 min ago
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party
- Region prepares for wintry weather
35 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
33 min ago