Saving With 6abc
Delaware County gets unique ReStore
MEDIA, Pa. - Oct. 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- A few weeks ago, we reported on the new Habitat for Humanity ReStore that opened in Kensington. Now, Delaware County has a new ReStore that's unique, because it's located in a mall.
The new Habitat for Humanity ReStore is located on the second floor of the Granite Run Mall, next to Boscov's.
"We looked around at a lot of different locations and weren't satisfied with any of them," explains Sarah Sands of Habitat for Humanity of Delaware County. "Either they were off the beaten track or not the right size. And we knew that a new management had taken over the mall and we approached them about the possibility of space and they had space."
The new store is 4500 square feet, packed with deals like a 10-piece patio furniture set for $185, brand-new rakes and hoes for $10 and $12, and even a brand-new microwave for $80.
The stock is all donated. Some items, like an $85 lounge chair are gently used. Others, like a rack full of $3 tub spouts are brand new items that builders didn't use, or stores didn't sell.
So far, the furniture's been the top seller.
Sands explains, "We don't do clothing or a lot of knickknacks like a lot of other thrift stores. We focus on the larger items and that's been very successful for us.
The Delaware County ReStore is open Wednesday through Saturdays. For more information about it, click here.
To find out more about Habitat for Humanity of Delaware County, click here.
money saving, thrift, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 40 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water 53 min ago
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover 13 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 38 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 51 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
40 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated...
53 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
22 min ago