Saving With 6abc
Cut Halloween costs at costume swap
DREXEL HILL, Pa. - Oct. 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Kids love dressing up for Halloween, but buying new costumes every year can be expensive. That's why some Delaware County Moms are organizing a costume swap.
Trina O'Boyle of Drexel Hill, Pa., came across the idea on the Green Halloween website.
She explains, "i was just at the store yesterday and I was looking at costumes that were $35 to $40 and you use them once, they get stuck in the closet, and it's kind of a waste. When you have all these great cotumes that you can swap with your friends or with the community, like we're doing, it's really a great way to reduce trash and also save lots of money for families, especially in this economy."
The Costume Swap will be held tonight, Oct. 7, 2011, at 7:00 p.m. at the Swarthmore Community Center.
Jessica Mudrick of Wallingford, Pa., explains how it will work.
"When you bring a costume in, you're going to get a ticket for a costume that you can take out. If you bring two costumes, you can take two costumes. We also have vendors downstairs and we have raffle prizes."
Any costumes that are leftover will be donated to charity.
To find out more about the National Costume Swap, and to find if there's a swap going on near you, click here.
clothing savings, money saving, halloween, delaware county, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 18 min ago
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ