Saving With 6abc
Save with DIY Thanksgiving decor
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - November 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- You don't have to spend a lot to get the look of fancy holiday decor items and food for Thanksgiving.
A.C. Moore Craft Education Robin Beam explains, "There's so many things that can do, easily, inexpensively, and everybody will be wowed by it at the Thanksgiving dinner."
Beam showed me how to create a fall topiary using a wicker trellis, and wrapping it first with a sting of lights, and then with a colorful leaf garland. Total cost -- under $20.
As for those fancy napkins, you can make your own using either colored bandannas or white ones you color yourself with Simply Spray fabric paint. Then, use rubber stamps with a fabric-friendly inkpad to give them a seasonal look.
Use the same rubber stamps to make matching place cards.
And you can give store-bought cupcakes or pies a seasonal look by topping them with homemade candies. You can make them by melting candy drops and then freezing them in molds. The candies and molds -- just $2 each.
For project instructions, click here.
To check out more of Robin Beam's holiday craft projects, click here.
money saving, thanksgiving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases