Saving With 6abc
No need to pay for trainer, nutritionist
Jan. 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- If your New Year's resolutions include exercising more or improving your diet, there's no need to pay for a gym membership or hire a nutritionist.
If you have a computer or Smartphone, there are plenty of free websites and apps that can help you stick to your goals.
Lou Perseghin has been using a free app called Daily Challenge for a year.
He explains how it works. "I get an email every day at 7:00 a.m. and there's all different sorts of things. It's either something about eating or a small exercise that you do, something to focus on throughout the day. It's a small action that you can take every day or that specific day to help balance yourself."
Daily Challenge promotes overall health, fitness and emotional well-being. During the past year, Perseghin's started doing stress-relieving exercises at his computer, adding skim milk instead of cream to his coffee, even calling friends he hasn't spoken to for a while.
But Daily Challenge isn't the only free app to help you with your health and fitness resolutions. Munch 5-a-daykeeps track of how well you're doing adding fruits and vegetables to your diet.
Every Drink helps you increase your water consumption.
And many of these apps include an online community, in which members encourage each other to stick with the program.
Perseghin says, "If you stick with it and you do something, you'll find that you actually do something that you're challenged to do."
money saving, freebies, online saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 40 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 55 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
2 min ago