Saving With 6abc
No need to pay for trainer, nutritionist
Jan. 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- If your New Year's resolutions include exercising more or improving your diet, there's no need to pay for a gym membership or hire a nutritionist.
If you have a computer or Smartphone, there are plenty of free websites and apps that can help you stick to your goals.
Lou Perseghin has been using a free app called Daily Challenge for a year.
He explains how it works. "I get an email every day at 7:00 a.m. and there's all different sorts of things. It's either something about eating or a small exercise that you do, something to focus on throughout the day. It's a small action that you can take every day or that specific day to help balance yourself."
Daily Challenge promotes overall health, fitness and emotional well-being. During the past year, Perseghin's started doing stress-relieving exercises at his computer, adding skim milk instead of cream to his coffee, even calling friends he hasn't spoken to for a while.
But Daily Challenge isn't the only free app to help you with your health and fitness resolutions. Munch 5-a-daykeeps track of how well you're doing adding fruits and vegetables to your diet.
Every Drink helps you increase your water consumption.
And many of these apps include an online community, in which members encourage each other to stick with the program.
Perseghin says, "If you stick with it and you do something, you'll find that you actually do something that you're challenged to do."
money saving, freebies, online saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 8 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 7 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 38 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 36 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 28 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
6 min ago
Saving with 6abc Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos