Saving With 6abc
MineForNine.com rents maternity clothes
Jan. 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Somehow, celebrities like Natalie Portman, Angelina Jolie, and Jessica Alba look glamorous, even when they're expecting.
Of course, unlike regular women, they have unlimited budgets. But now, a website is offering women with limited budgets an affordable option for designer-quality maternity clothes.
The site is MineForNine.com and it's a maternity-wear rental site.
Founder Marisa Moss explains, "Instead of buying a few items and wearing them day in and day out, and wanting to burn them at the end of the nine months, you can rent from us. And instead of spending $100 on one blouse, you can rent four for the price of one."
A one-month rental is about 25% of the purchase price. And these aren't items you'll find at chain maternity or big box stores, but rather designer boutique-quality clothes.
One example, a grey suit by Canadian designer Jules and Jim.
Moss says, "The blazer, if you were to buy it, wouldl cost you about $190, and you can rent if from us for about $40. And that would be for a one-month period. And then the pants would be another $98, which you could rent for like $26."
A top by Seraphine -- a British designer sported by the likes of Claudia Schiffer -- sells for $109, but rents for less than $30 a month.
Special occasion dresses by designers like Ripe Maternity of Australia are among the site's most popular rentals.
Mine for Nine also has casual wear like jeans, tops and tunics.
And Saving with 6abc viewers can take advantage of an exclusive discount code. You'll save 10% on your purchase or rental from MineforNine.com through March 1, 2012 with the code 6ABC.
money saving, online saving, clothing savings, 6at4, fashion, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police