Saving With 6abc
Joan Shepp sale cuts prices at least 60%
CENTER CITY - Jan. 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Rick Owens boots that originally sold for $1950 for $975. A $325 sweater from Cut 25 for $75. Or a $1500 purse from Mulberry priced at $750.
Those are just a few of the deals you might find at this week's "Basement Sale" at the Joan Shepp Boutique at 1616 Walnut Street in Center City.
Shepp explains, "We want to make room for the new things, so we have this ritual. Every year, we have this Basement Sale. Aand it's like going to a flea market more or less, you know, you go and you see all kinds of things."
Everything, from dresses and coats, to menswear, to accessories is 60% to a75% percent off. And the array of items is as ecclectic as Joan herself.
She showed me an $82 dog sweater for $32 and $120 cashmere gloves for $10. Not to mention there's an entire room of shoes, including snow boots for $62 a pair, Givenchy shoes that were $1090 for $299, and Yves St. Laurent shoes that were $895 for $358.
The Basement Sale runs from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. through Saturday, Jan. 21, 2012. For details, click here.
clothing savings, money saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!