Saving With 6abc
Center City Restaurant Week
CENTER CITY - Jan. 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you've been waiting to try some of Center City's best restaurants, but worried they might be too pricey, this is your chance.
Starting Sunday and running through February 3, 2012 (except for Saturday night, January 28, 2012), it's time for the annual Center City Restaurant Week. More than 100 restaurants, including Davio's Northern Italian Steakhouse, are taking part.
Michelle Shannon of the Center City District explains, "You can go into any of our participating restaurants and you can get a minimum three-course lunch for $20 or a minimum three-course dinner for $35, not including tax, gratuity and alcohol. It's a great, great, deal."
Davio's is offering a choice of four appetizers and four entrees each week. Executive Chef David Boyle invited us into the kitchen as he prepared two of them: sauteed sea scallops over crispy mushrooms and a parsnip puree along with braised short ribs over a crispy polenta cake.
Ordinarily, a dinner like that -- along with an appetizer and a selection from the scrumptious dessert tray -- would cost more than $50. But the restaurateurs say offering a discount pays off.
Boyle explains, "We discount our menu drastically for Restaurant Week. We've been doing this since it started. We love it. It packs the doors and you don't make as much money on each dish, but you make it up in volume. And hopefully, repeat customers come back."
Restaurants book up quickly during Restaurant Week, so reservations are strongly suggested. To see a list of participating restaurants and to click through to view their menu selections, click here.
food savings, money saving, center city, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 11 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 27 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela 53 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate...
27 min ago