Saving With 6abc
You can save money and the environment
February 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Getting a $45 belt for $18 is great deal. But it's even better when you learn that the belt is made from recycled materials.
"A lot of retailers and brands are realizng that they need to find ways to make sustainable products more accessible," Wolf says. "And a great way to learn about and discover some great green and eco-friendly brands is with flash sale sites. "
Like the familiar Groupon and Living Social, "green" flash sale sites email out a deal each day, with items priced about 50% off retail.
But the items are sustainable, organic, Fair Trade or otherwise "eco-friendly."
As a mom, Wolf says GreenBabyBargains is her favorite.
"I got a great set of veggie baby paints," Wolf says. "Super non-toxic paints for kids and toddlers. My son's going to have a great time with these and I got these more than 50% off."
She also found a Monkey Doodlez reusable swim diaper for 50% off, along with Agoo sustainable bamboo leggings for 54% off.
As for own shopping needs, Wolf says, "For shopping for myself, I have two favorite sites, that I really can't choose between. One is PureCitizen.com and one is LovingEco.com. 3825 and these are great sites where they find hot, high-style, super fashionable, sustainable clothing and jewlery and I've bought some amazing things from some of my favorite brands."
On PureCitizen, she found the $18 belt, which is vegan and made from recycled plastic bottles. And a leather clutch, which is 100% recycled and cost $40, which is 50% off the retail price.
Wolf explains, "This was a leather jacket, that was already produced and existed, so these were worn, used leather jackets that were broken down and they made these really cute sylish clutches out them."
And Wolf emphasizes that these budget-friendly, eco-friendly items can also be very stylish.
online saving, clothing savings, food savings, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 38 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 37 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 39 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
35 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
37 min ago