Saving With 6abc
Weekly deal site opens Center City store
CENTER CITY - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- $225 Missoni scarves for $99. A $174 Suzabelle dress for $49. Or $222 men's JD Fisk shoes for $89.
Those are just a few of the deals that you can pick up at Kembrel. it's a new store in Center City that grew out of the weekly deals website Kembrel.com.
Kembrel was started Penn student Stephan Jacob, while he was still in school.
The pop-up store just opened next-door to Boyd's at 1822 Chestnut Street.
Jacob explains, "The whole system is fully integrated, so you can place an order online you can pick it up in the store, you can return items that you bought online in the store and vice versa."
Both the site and the store offer weekly deals -- designer items up to 70% off retail. An example: Chloe sunglasses that sold for $129 instead of the suggested retail of $395.
Other items aren't so deeply discounted, but are chosen for the basic inventory because they are in some way unique.
Jacob says, "We mainly go after independent smaller labels and desigers that either have a fun story behind the brand, interesting detailing, really anything that makes the merchandise stand out."
clothing savings, online saving, money saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 7 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers 9 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Photos: Snow Ball 2013: Eagles vs. Lions 47 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 12 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Widener U. students help stuck drivers
9 min ago