Saving With 6abc
Weekly deal site opens Center City store
CENTER CITY - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- $225 Missoni scarves for $99. A $174 Suzabelle dress for $49. Or $222 men's JD Fisk shoes for $89.
Those are just a few of the deals that you can pick up at Kembrel. it's a new store in Center City that grew out of the weekly deals website Kembrel.com.
Kembrel was started Penn student Stephan Jacob, while he was still in school.
The pop-up store just opened next-door to Boyd's at 1822 Chestnut Street.
Jacob explains, "The whole system is fully integrated, so you can place an order online you can pick it up in the store, you can return items that you bought online in the store and vice versa."
Both the site and the store offer weekly deals -- designer items up to 70% off retail. An example: Chloe sunglasses that sold for $129 instead of the suggested retail of $395.
Other items aren't so deeply discounted, but are chosen for the basic inventory because they are in some way unique.
Jacob says, "We mainly go after independent smaller labels and desigers that either have a fun story behind the brand, interesting detailing, really anything that makes the merchandise stand out."
clothing savings, online saving, money saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's