Saving With 6abc
Save on gas with these apps
March 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- With the cost of gas continuing to climb, lots of us are looking for ways to save. And now, there's an app (actually several of them) that can help.
TrueCar.com, a site that helps consumers determine what cars should cost, recently put together a post to help you save a major car-related expense: gasoline.
These apps can help you cut gas usage and save at the pump.
First up, there's GasBuddy -- a free app where users update prices at various gas stations. You can use the app to find the lowest price near a specific place.
If you're a member of AAA, you can use their TripTik app to find gas stations and prices, along with nearby auto-repair shops.
And there's also iGasUp. It shows you current prices at more than 100,000 gas stations. The data is constantly updated from customers' credit card purchases. It costs $.99.
GasHog also costs 99 cents, but can be useful because it tracks your car's fuel economy and gives you tips on how you can improve your M.P.G. rating.
GasCubby is similar, in that it helps you track gas mileage, but also sends you reminders about when your car is due for service.
Then there's Cartipicate. It's an app that enable ride-sharing within a network you can create of family, friends or neighbors.
And finally, one of the best ways to save gas is to get directly to your destination -- without getting lost or caught in traffic jam.
You can also avoid accident scenes and traffic jams by checking in with Waze. It's an drivers can use to make real-time reports of the location of traffic trouble. Click here for that one.
To read the complete blog from TrueCar.com, click here.
money saving, online saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 49 min ago
- Steamy Situation 40 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams 25 min ago
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma 26 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary 27 min ago
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township 28 min ago
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- New push to revitalize West Philly's Lancaster Ave. 29 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
49 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
25 min ago
- Local search and rescue team helping in...
26 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor...
27 min ago