Saving With 6abc
Earn freebies at Center City shops
March 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Most people love freebies, and now Philadelphia has a new app that can earn you freebies at more than 40 businesses in Center City and University City.
Shop owner Evan Inatome explains, "Everything about us is innovative, even our cash register is with an iPad, so we try to think differently."
Lokalty works just like an old-fashioned card that you punch ten times and then get a freebie, but with a couple of advantages. For one, there's no card and for another, it's good at a variety of businesses.
Lokalty Co-Founder Philip Tribe says, "Imagine having one card or app that can get you rewards at any local business across town. For example, you can go to dinner at one restaurant and get enough points to get you a latte at a coffee shop like Elixr. It's one card that works everywhere and your points get accumulated from one place to another."
Customers simply get the Lokalty app on their phone and scan it whenever they buy something at a participating restaurant or shop. The scanner tells you if you enough points for a freebie. And the rewards really add up.
Tribe says, "We have about 2500 people signed up and they've collectively saved about $6000 so far."
And for a limited time, Lokalty is offering Saving with 6abc viewers 500 free points when they sign up and enter the code 6ABCLokalty. To get started, click here. And if you don't have a SmartPhone, stop by a participating business and get an actual keytag that works that same way.
money saving, food savings, online saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands