Saving With 6abc
Moms spend $50, save hundreds at consignment sale
OAKS, Pa. - April 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- This weekend, the Just Between Friends consignment sale has returned to the Convention Center in Oaks, Pa.
To see just how much parents can save by shopping at sales like this, we gave three moms $50 each and let them loose in the aisles.
Angela Connolly of Harleysville, Pa., explained, "I'm shopping for my five kids. I have three girls and two boys, ranging in age from 3 to 12."
Kate Leong from Valley Forge, Pa. said, "I have a four-year-old and a three year-old, two boys. And my four-year-old has Cerebral Palsy, so I always look for things he might be able to use in his therapy."
Donna Anderson from Havertown, Pa., explained, "I have a 12-year-old, who I sometimes buy for, and a three-year-old girl and 20-month-old boy."
I gave each of them $50 in "JBF Bucks," they grabbed giant shopping bags, and hit the aisles.
Connolly headed first to the boys' clothes, picking up items including a Villanova sweatshirt, and then off to the girls' racks, where she found an Aeropostale shirt, an Esprit dress, and more. A tank top from Justice for just $2 was among the items that caught her eye.
Leong started at the toy tables, but couldn't resist the amazing prices on other items, including dress-up costumes from Imaginariun, which retail for about $60, but were on sale for just five dollars.
For Anderson, it was all about the clothes. She snapped up name-brand mall-store items, including a Laura Ashley dress for just $3.
Once the ladies' bags were stuffed, Sale Organizer Tracey Panase added up all their finds, comparing the JBF tag price to the retail prices she found online.
In the end, Connolly spent $50 for for $283.20 worth of merchandise, a savings of 80%. Leong spent $51.50 for $353.90 worth of clothes and toys, a savings of 85%. And Anderson spent $50.50 for $359.17 worth of clothes. That's a savings of 86%.
The JBF Sale runs from 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Friday, April 13, 2012, and 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Saturday, when many remaining items will be reduced to half-price.
To find out more about the sale to get directions to the Great Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, Pa., click here.
clothing savings, consignment, money saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 25 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 26 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
26 min ago