Saving With 6abc
Brands for Bargains opens in Bristol, Pa.
BRISTOL, Pa. - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Brands for Bargains is a new consignment department store that opened just a couple of weeks ago in Bristol, Pa.
"It's just like anything you find here, you can find a department store at the mall, only it's cheaper," explains Brands for Bargains employee Amanda Swinehart. "It's just with the economy today, this is where you want to shop."
In sporting goods, we found new Under Armour cleats for $26. In housewares, lighting fixtures were priced at $25 for a chandelier and $11.75 for new-in-the-box ceiling mounts.
In toys, new-in-the-box board games were about $6 each. And there's also furniture and baby gear.
But by far, the biggest selection is in clothes.
Among the children's clothes -- all new with tags -- a Gap dress that was $26.50 for $10.50 and adorable cupcake sunsuit that was $20 for $9.50.
And off-season merchandise is even less expensive. We found a girl's coat from The Children's Place for less than $9 and a boy's Nautica snow jacket for $3.75. Both were in near-new condition.
There's a whole rack of teen clothing -- with jeans from American Eagle for $13.75 and tops from stores like Abercrombie and Hollister.
And each week, items with certain colored price tags are an additional 25% or 50% off.
To learn more about Brands for Bargains, click here. And if you visit the store (located at 1500 Farragut Avenue in Bristol, Pa.) between now and June 22, 2012, and mention you saw this story on Action News, they'll take an extra 10% off your purchase.
clothing savings, consignment, money saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies