Saving With 6abc
Tip of the Day: Farmer's Markets
June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- We have a cornucopia of amazing farmer's markets in our area. We're helping you corner the market for savings!
Here are a few ways to stretch your dollar on farm fresh fare.
1. Shop Early, Shop Late! If you shop early, there will be a greater selection, which means more competing price points.
If you shop during the final hour, or even in bad weather, many farmers would rather sell their items at a deep discount than haul home what they don't sell.
That means there's a good chance they will slash prices when it comes close to closing time.
2. Buy in Bulk! Most of the time the more you buy, the more you save. If you stock up you can always freeze, can or dry what you don't need right away.
3. Be A Regular! If you get to know a farmer, he or she may give you a heads up on a deal or maybe throw in a few extra beets or a bouquet for your repeat business.
4. Haggle . . . Nicely! It can't hurt to ask for a deal. Just make sure you are friendly and polite, offer a fair amount, and have your cash ready!
money saving, saving with 6abc, alicia vitarelli
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr