Saving With 6abc
Tip of the Day: Farmer's Markets
June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- We have a cornucopia of amazing farmer's markets in our area. We're helping you corner the market for savings!
Here are a few ways to stretch your dollar on farm fresh fare.
1. Shop Early, Shop Late! If you shop early, there will be a greater selection, which means more competing price points.
If you shop during the final hour, or even in bad weather, many farmers would rather sell their items at a deep discount than haul home what they don't sell.
That means there's a good chance they will slash prices when it comes close to closing time.
2. Buy in Bulk! Most of the time the more you buy, the more you save. If you stock up you can always freeze, can or dry what you don't need right away.
3. Be A Regular! If you get to know a farmer, he or she may give you a heads up on a deal or maybe throw in a few extra beets or a bouquet for your repeat business.
4. Haggle . . . Nicely! It can't hurt to ask for a deal. Just make sure you are friendly and polite, offer a fair amount, and have your cash ready!
money saving, saving with 6abc, alicia vitarelli
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 52 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 28 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
52 min ago