Saving With 6abc
Peapod named money-saving site
AMBLER, Pa. (WPVI) -- Shopping for groceries online and having them delivered may sound expensive. But the current issue of Consumer Reports named Peapod, which delivers groceries for Giant here in our area, a top money-saving site.
Dana Sadorf of Ambler says she's been saving about 30% on her groceries since she started ordering online and having Peapod deliver.
For one thing, when she shops without her helpers, 9-year-old Emily and 7-year-old Lizzie, there's less whining for treats and impulse-buying.
For another, the site makes it easy for her to shop the weekly sales.
Sadorf explains, "As soon as I go on the website, I click on the specials of that week and everything that's sale is lined up right there for you. And to the right is your checkout list so you can see how much you're spending and what coupons you utilized."
The site's "My Specials" section even keeps track of items you've bought in the past and alerts you when they go on sale again.
Plus, you can combine the online specials with traditional paper coupons, as Peapod's Elana Margolis explains.
She says, "I just clip my coupons and give them to the driver and then the money from the coupon comes right off of your order."
All cold items are packed in coolers, frozen items in dry ice. And you pick a convenient delivery time. The driver will text you when he's on his way.
The minimum order on Peapod is $60. And the delivery fees range from $7 to $10 per order.
And while that cost may be covered by your savings when you don't pick up those impulse items, Saving with 6abc viewers can save even more by using the code 6ABC . You'll get $20 off your first order and free delivery on any additional orders you place in the next 60 days.
money saving, online saving, food savings, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed