Saving With 6abc
Store repairs smartphones and tablets
EXTON, Pa. - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A colorful new store at the Exton Square Mall is going to make some iPhone and iPad users very happy.
It's called iFix and Repair, and as the name suggests, it's a place where broken smartphones and tablets can get a new lease on life.
Chris Kelley of iFix and Repair explains, "If you just walked into a say an Apple store, or an AT&T store, you'd pay $600 to $700 for a new iPhone and we can fix them for anywhere from $75 to $150. it's obviously a lot cheaper."
The most common repairs?
Kelley explains, "There's two major ones: obviously, cracked screens, and then the other one would be water damage. We fix that as well. We have a pretty good success rate with that."
Water-logged phones are put in a special alcohol bath and then air-dried and cleaned of any corrosion.
Broken screens are gingerly removed and replaced. All the tiny screws and components put back in place.
And Kelley says you can shop while you're repairs being done. "Typically, it takes about 30 minutes to an hour -- it just depends on the damage. Water damage can take a day or so. It just depends on the deivce."
The techs can also fix stuck buttons and broken interior components.
Click here to learn mroe about iFix and Repair in Exton.
Additional stores are planned for the Willow Grove and King of Prussia malls, as well.
money saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 5 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 15 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 52 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 19 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive