Saving With 6abc
Rosemont College swap meet Saturday
ROSEMONT, Pa. - Sept. 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A boy's Izod shirt, new with tags. A DVD player/VCR. Lots of books. And even printer ink. Those are just a few items that could be yours in exchange for just a small donation at a Swap Meet on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012.
Students got a sneak peek at some of the donated items that will be available at the event that Rosemont College is holding as part of its Sustainability Fair.
The idea is keep usable items out of landfills and encourage environmentally-friendly behavior.
Lauren McDonnell explains, "The swap meet itself will be open from 12:00 until 6:00 p.m. on Saturday. You just need to make a donation in the amount of your choice, at least one dollar, to the Camden Children's Garden, and then you can enter and shop and it's basically first-come, first-serve."
A full list of items that the fair is accepting is available here, but basically, if it's portable and in good condition, you can donate it.
And in return, you could end up getting some great deals.
McDonnell adds, "This is a great opportunity to go through your home and anything you don't want, bring here and maybe there could be something else you would want."
Donations will be accepted from 10:00 a.m. until noon.
You can also bring old cell phones and other electronic devices for recycling by the Pennsylvania Resources Council.
money saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 38 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ