Saving With 6abc
Wedding dress to benefit breast cancer survivors
RITTENHOUSE SQUARE - Oct. 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- The setting is the beautiful Stotesbury Mansion on Rittenhouse Square. The merchandise is more than 50 new and gently used wedding gowns. And the prices are rock-bottom.
Dr. Nicole Farmer came up with the idea for this Sunday's Wedding Dress Party as a way for brides-to-be to save money, a way for former brides to get a little something back, and as a way to help young women with breast cancer.
Farmer, an internist, explains, " i am a recent former bride and I had my own dress in my closet and I wanted to find a way that I could get a return on my personal and financial investment while making my dress pay it forward to the community."
Former brides can choose to model their dresses -- giving them one final chance to wear them.
Brides-to-be will bid on them in a silent auction. Refreshments will be served and each of the consigners has agreed to give a percentage of the sale price to the Young Survival Coalition, which provides support services to women under the age of 40 diagnosed with breast cancer.
Michelle Essner of the Coalition says, " I thought it was actually a great fit because our survivors are younger, many of them have recently gotten married or are engaged, or are single and one day hope to get married, so I felt that it was a good fit."
The event runs from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 14, 2012. The Stotesbury Mansion is located at 1923 Walnut Street. Brides and their guests can get tickets at the door.
For more information, click here.
clothing savings, consignment, money saving, breast cancer, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands