Saving With 6abc
Center City restaurants offer savings
CENTER CITY - Jan. 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you wanted to make Chef Daniel Stern's short ribs at home, you'd have to start preparing them days ahead of time.
And, ordinarily, if you order them for dinner at his R2L Restaurant, they'd cost you about $32.
But, during Center City Restaurant Week, you can get the short ribs entree, along with an appetizer AND a dessert for $35.
Restaurant Week (which really runs two weeks) began last night. 127 Center City restaurants are offering three-course dinner deals. And more than 50 are also offering three-course lunch deals. Michelle Shannon of the Center City District explains, "Participating restaurants in Center City will offer a minimum three-course meal for $35 and, if they're open for lunch, they can also offer a minimum three-course lunch for $20."
In addition to the dining deals, plenty of parking lots are offering discounted $9 parking.
R2L has been taking part in Restaurant Week since it opened three years ago. And Chef Stern says it's a win-win for his establishment and his patrons.
He says, "We find that people will try other things on our menu, too, while they're here. They might share an appetizer that's not on the Restaurant Week menu. It's goodwill, it's neighborly, and it's nice to see a lot of new faces."
To get all the details on the participating restaurants and parking lots and the deals they're offering, click here.
food savings, money saving, center city, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore