Saving With 6abc
Extreme saving tips
January 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Just when you thought you knew the basics of saving...we're taking it to the max today with extreme tips from a woman who has perfected the art of purchasing for less.
Joni Meyer-Crothers is a master deal-getter says she saves thousands of dollars a month and so can you!
**Tip 1: When you shop online, try a shopping portal like ebates, When you visit a retailer's website, you can get a cash "rebate" for what you buy.
** Tip 2: Give yourself a gift card. Some grocery stores give you points towards free gas for every dollar you spend. If you buy gift cards as gifts for others, or even for yourself at stores where you shop anyway, you can really end up with a lot of fuel in the tank!
**Tip 3: Try a free APP called IBOTTA. You take a picture of your receipt, and get cash back. It basically pays you cash for buying your favorite products in the store.
**Tip 4: There are websites, like one called secondipity.com, that buy back returned merchandise and then sell it for up to 75% off.
**Tip 5: Follow money saving blogs to get the first word about hot coupons or sales. She says most people can save an average of 50% on their bill by following a blog, and only spending only 2 to 3 hours a week doing a little research.
saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 29 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball