Saving With 6abc
Prices slashed at Joan Shepp Basement Sale
CENTER CITY - Jan. 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Thrifty fashionistas are flocking to 1616 Walnut Street, snatching up the deals at Joan Shepp Boutique's annual basement sale.
Shopper Jen Factor of Center City says, " She has an amazing selection of clothing, and the one great things about the sale is that if you look, you can find a great bargain."
Joan Shepp carries European designers that few, if any, other stores in the city sell. And the prices often match their exclusivity, which is why this sale is such an anticipated event.
Boutique Owner Joan Shepp says, "The basement sale is when we take everything we have from Spring and Fall and bring it downstairs and mark it down, way less than half."
There are racks of clothing priced under $100, under $25 and even a ten-dollar rack.
Other items ARE pricier, but when you compare the sale prices to the original prices, you can see the discounts are significant. Like a dress and sweater that were $2065. Now they're $1078.
Other outfits are also marked down more than $1000 each.
Plus, there's a whole room full of shoes, like a pair of colorful pumps, on sale for $290 -- knocked down from their original price of $725.
For more information on the boutique and the sale, click here.
clothing savings, money saving, center city, 6at4, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 27 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose