Saving With 6abc
Wedding gown to sell for $300 or less
PENNSAUKEN, New Jersey - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's a bridal sale that's become an annual tradition.
Juli Lundberg of Goodwill explains, "This is Goodwill's Fifth annual Valentine's Day bridal fundraiser. We have probably 300 gowns up for sale this year and i think we're giong to make a lot of brides very happy."
No doubt, with deals like an Alfred Angelo gown with a tulle skirt and embroidered bodice for $300 or a Yolanda Couture dress with buttons all the way up the back for $180. There are also several 100% silk dresses, with the designer tags removed, that are selling for $80.
Lundberg says, "If you go lightly used, you could get a gown for as low as $49. Brand-new ones start at $99 but they cap at $299.99. So there are some extraordinary deals to be had here."
Even if the dress has a $5900 price tag or came from Nicole Miller in Manayunk or Kleinfeld's in New York, on Saturday at Goodwill, it will cost you less than $300.Lundberg adds, "Plus, we have a lot of different bridesmaids' gowns, flower girl dresses, Mother of the Bride, undergarments, jewelry, you name it, it's a little something for everybody."
The doors open for the sale at 9:00 a.m. at the Goodwill location at 5461 Route 70 in Pennsauken. But be warned, last year, there were brides lined up as early at 3:00 a.m.
For more information, click here.
clothing savings, thrift, valentine's day, weddings, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- First book printed in U.S. on display in...
32 min ago
- 13-year-old driver accused of being drunk
14 min ago