Saving With 6abc
Drugstore items at bargain prices
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - Feb. 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- L'eggs pantyhose for a dollar a pair. Beyonce's Pulse perfume for $18 a bottle. And a Gillette Venus shaver for $2.
Those are just some of the deals we found at the new Jomarket at the Jomar store in Northeast Philadelphia. Jomar stores are best known for their discounted clothing and fabric.
Jomar's Mark Segal explains the concept, "In this economy, we have decided to add a commodities room, where we offer drug store merchandise for pretty much half-price of what you could find at the drug store."
Among the other deals we found: Nexxus Humectress conditioner for $2, Centrum Silver vitamins for $6, and Dayquil for $3.
Segal says, "Some of the merchandise is close to a sell-by date or a best-used-by date. Or some of it we get because the company has changed the branding or the packaging."
Plus, there are items that can't go bad, like $1 light bulbs and small appliances at half-off the manufacturer's suggested retail price.
The Jomarkets are located inside Jomar stores and are open the same hours. To find a location near you, click here.
money saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 35 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids