Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Tips for cheap movie tickets
February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you still haven't seen some of the big Oscar winning flicks, we've got some tips on how you can take the family out for a movie night, without taking a second mortgage to do it.
1. Buy tickets in advance, and in bulk. Several theater chains offer that option on their website, which typically cut about $3 off the cost of each ticket. You can also save by buying tickets at wholesalers, like Costco, where they're selling 2 for $15.99 right now.
2. Use discounts. For instance, if you're a AAA member you can save about 30% off tickets, but you have to call them to get the deal.
3. If you buy movie theater gift cards, you can save about 40¢ for every dollar, which translates to real savings!
movies, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ