Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Tips for cheap movie tickets
February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you still haven't seen some of the big Oscar winning flicks, we've got some tips on how you can take the family out for a movie night, without taking a second mortgage to do it.
1. Buy tickets in advance, and in bulk. Several theater chains offer that option on their website, which typically cut about $3 off the cost of each ticket. You can also save by buying tickets at wholesalers, like Costco, where they're selling 2 for $15.99 right now.
2. Use discounts. For instance, if you're a AAA member you can save about 30% off tickets, but you have to call them to get the deal.
3. If you buy movie theater gift cards, you can save about 40¢ for every dollar, which translates to real savings!
movies, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station