Saving With 6abc
Get Red Carpet Oscar looks for less
PLYMOUTH MEETING, Pa. - Feb. 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- From Jennifer Lawrence's white mermaid gown to Jennifer Garner's strapless magenta with the back ruffle to Kerry Washington's beaded coral concoction, the stars' Red Carpet Oscar looks are already setting trends in formalwear fashion.
Colette Menniti of David's Bridal explained, "Everybody wants to look like a star and here you can actually look like star for a less amount of money."
We asked the experts at David's Bridal to show us how regular women can get the stars' looks -- even they don't have a star's budget.
And it turns out, many of the red carpet trends are easily found in stores.
Menniti says, "It looks like a lot of the stars took their cues from wedding gowns. A lot of blushes, a lot of muted colors, just like wedding gowns."
Jennifer Lawrence's white mermaid gown is a perfect example. David's has a similar wedding dress for $1200.
And that simple front/fancy back look of Jennifer Garner's is also available in a wedding gown for $950 -- or if you liked the front and the color, you could choose this organza dress for $179.
If Kerry Washington's coral gown with the beaded bodice is more to your liking, how about this similar dress for $259?
Describing the gown, Menniti says, "This is one of our prom gowns, definitely resembles Kerry Washington, just beading at the top, a nice illusion top, and then simple at the bottom.
There's even a lookalike for Naomi Watt's one-shoulder silver gown. But the discount version is just $299.
clothing savings, money saving, oscars, 6at4, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station