Saving With 6abc
Site offers free event tickets to members
PHILADELPHIA - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Imagine paying $40 per person for a year's worth of tickets to shows, concerts and sporting events.
It sounds too good to be true, but that's the deal that Fill-A-Seat Philadelphia is offering its members.
Karl Barth of Fill-A-Seat explains, "Fill-A-Seat is a membership organization that provides seat-fillers -- that is people -- to go to events that need audience."
Fill-A-Seat offers free tickets to events in 16 different cities, and arrived in Philadelphia last November.
Barth says, "The membership fee is $80 for a year for a two-ticket membership. You can do a four-ticket membership for $140. But the best part is that you can generally go to as many events as you'd like."
Venues give tickets to Fill-A-Seat when events don't sell out.
"One of the big reasons is that they get money from other things. They'll get, for example, concession revenue, they might get parking revenue. They might get, if it were a concert for example, they might get t-shirt revenue or things like that" Barth explains.
But the site does have some rules. For one, only members can see what events are listed. And if you sign up for tickets to a particular event, the member must show up in person, or forfeit their membership.
Barth adds, "We typically have live music concerts, we typically have some comedy, we generally have some theater. We expect that as the weather gets warmer, we'll have some sporting events as well. So it's a nice variety."
Though he can't name names, Barth did say he got free tickets to take his wife to a show at a major venue on South Broad Street on Valentine's Day. But he admits you're more likely to see tickets for the Riversharks than the Phillies.
FillASeat is offering Saving wtih 6abc viewers a 25% discount on memberships with the code 6ABC. This offer ends two weeks from today.
money saving, online saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 14 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ