Saving With 6abc
Two places to save on prom gowns
March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you're a high-school junior or senior with $10 and a student identification card, you can buy a gorgeous prom gown this Saturday at the Cheltenham Mall.
This is the13th year that Fairy Godmothers, Inc. -- a Doylestown non-profit -- has organized the $10 gown sale. They also sell accessories for $2-$6.Lisa Marie Heyward of Fairy Godmothers explains, "It's really an exciting event. The people who volunteer are so warm and get a nice fuzzy feeling about helping the girls, because the girls who come to our event really can't afford to go to their prom. So we make it possible for them to go. You'll have girls who leave actually crying along with their parents because they're finally able to go out on their prom without it being a financial burden to their parents."
Many of the gowns are new with tags, donated by the event's major sponsor, David's Bridal. Sizes range from zero to 28. The sale starts at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday March 9, 16 and 23, 2013. The Cheltenham Mall is located at 2385 West Cheltenham Ave. Philadelphia, Pa. 19150.
For more information on this sale, click here.
You can also find great deals on prom gowns Saturday at the Prom-O-Rama at the Wardrobe Boutique in Spring Garden.
Nicole Miller is one of the designers whose dresses will be featured at this sale of donated new and gently used gowns, with prices ranging from $20 to $50. And shoppers who bring student identification cards can take an extra 20% off their purchases.
Jessica Fischer, one of the store managers explains, "We have about 60 to 80 gowns for girls to look through, We have accessories, jewelry, handbags and shoes."
And proceeds from the sale support the efforts of The Career Wardrobe, an organization the helps women transition into the workplace.
The store is open from 11:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. on Saturday March 9, 2013. Sizes range from double zero to 3-X. The Wardrobe Boutique is located at 1822 Spring Garden Street (corner of 19th St.), Philadelphia, Pa. 19130.
clothing savings, money saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 24 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more