Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Destination deals
March 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Easter is early this year, March 31st, and because the travel season is shorter, a lot of hotels and airlines may be booked. But if you get creative, you can save big on spring break.
First, think European vacation. Right now British Airways and Lufthansa are running last-minute savings to Europe through the end of March. After that, the prices go up. Also, travel midweek for the cheapest flights.
In the U.S., if you aren't as focused on your tan line as you are on the bottom line of your budget, look for great deals in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles or Washington, D.C. Use tools like Fly.com's Fare Calendars to see when the best days are to fly.
If you are a ski bunny, the later in the season you wait the more you save. Check out resorts from right here in the Poconos to Tahoe, Vermont and Vail for late season deals.
Also, think wine country. It's off season in Napa and Sonoma, but that doesn't mean it isn't beautiful! You can save half on bed and breakfasts, hotels and other places to stay!
Also, apparently the latest Carnival debacle has not deterred families from cruising. There are great bargains to be had for remaining cabins on cruise lines.
saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police