Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: The virtual wallet
March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Forget the cash and the plastic. Leave your whole wallet home, because we are going mobile!
You can now leave home and pay your way with a simple tap of your smartphone. Two major mobile wallet methods have emerged: Cloud-based, like Square, where users link their accounts and pay with the touch of a smartphone button.
Then there's the tap and pay method, like Google Wallet.
Some of the mobile wallet systems have been trying to convince consumers to make the switch, so they are trying to integrate incentives like store loyalty cards.
If you are worried about storing so much financial data in your phone, experts recommend adding an extra layer of pin protection and sign up for a security feature that disables the phone remotely if it is lost or stolen.
saving with 6abc, alicia vitarelli
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ