Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Cheap airfare bookings
March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- While we anxiously await the more-than-fashionably-late spring, let's get you excited for some fun in the summer sun with vacations on the cheap.
Use Airline Consolidators:
You can save hundreds using airline ticket resellers who work with major travel companies to sell tickets at reduced prices.
Here are a few:
Book in Advance:
The more seats there are, the cheaper they will be. Think 21 weeks before your departure date. That means you should be booking those summer vacations right about now.
Fly By The Seat of Your Pants:
Some airlines do offer discounts at 14 days, 7 days, and even three days before a departure date. So, if you are super last minute go ahead and fly by the seat of your bargain pants!
You can save hundreds of dollars if your travel dates are loose. Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity are all offering a new flexible date search. The cheapest days to fly are generally Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Book on the Right Day:
A study by FareCompare.com claims you can get the best deals early in the week-specifically Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, when airlines post discount prices.
air fare, air travel, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands